Ever wondered where your cats venture to?
- Cat Tracker AUSTRALIA: we are planning to take this project national during 2017-18 if we can gain all the necessary funding and approvals (click here for information).
- Cat Tracker in South Australia: we have finished collecting data and tracking cats in South Australia. A report on the South Australian project is now available (click here). You can also see the tracks of over 400 cats (click here).
- Cat personality tests: continuing our work on cat personality, we are currently creating an online cat personality test that anyone will be able to use. It should be available in the second half of 2017. If you would like to know more about the personality of your cat, send us an email – we will then let you know when the cat personality test is available. You can email us at email@example.com
To stay in touch and up-to-date:
- Follow our facebook page: www.facebook.com/thediscoverycircle
- Sign up for our e-Newsletter (click here)
Resources for teachers
We have created extensive resources for teachers to use in the classroom. The resources provide cross-curriculum links to learning areas including science, mathematics, geography, history and the arts. We have suggested a learning framework and provide links to resources for Reception to Year 9 school students, which can easily be adapted for all age groups. Click here to access the teacher resources.
About the project
We have collaborated with researchers from Your Wildlife in the USA to bring Cat Tracker to South Australia. Click here to see the cat tracks recorded in the USA (click on a picture of a cat to see where that cat travelled). You can see the cat tracks from South Australia (click here) and New Zealand (click here) too.
We have developed four fact-sheets as part of the educational resources for this project. They include information about the taxonomy of cats, cat biology, the history of cats, and the differences between owned, semi-owned and un-owned cats. Click here to view the fact-sheets.
You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by phone: 08 8302 9999
Click here to see our media release. Some of our television and print media…
Cat Tracker on SCOPE (www.scopetv.com)
June and December 2015 (2 segments)
Cat Tracker on TODAY (http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/today/)
- The Advertiser, 17 April 2015 (pictured above) ‘UniSA Cat Tracker project reveals secret lives of cats‘
- ABC News online, 11 May 2015 ‘Cat tracker GPS data reveals Adelaide feline frolics‘
- Scope TV (Channel 11), June and December 2015 (pictured above) ‘Cat Tracker‘
- The Advertiser, 10 March 2016 (pictured above) ‘UniSA study of 3000 cat personality tests have uncovered feline personality traits‘
- The Daily Telegraph, 12 March 2016 ‘No kitten! Study finds cats are just like us‘
- The Washington Post, 18 March 2016 ‘Your cat is a lot deeper than you think’
- The Australian, 2 April 2016 ‘What’s your cat up to? GPS has the answer‘
- Today (Channel 9), 10 April 2016 (pictured above) ‘Cat Tracker‘
This project is supported by Discovery Circle collaborative partners (see the bottom of this page) and: