Ever wondered where your cats venture to? Now’s your chance to find out, with Cat Tracker. Click here to see where participant’s cats have roamed
How to participate
For cat owners in South Australia: we have finished collecting data and tracking cats in South Australia. However, we are starting to analyse the data collected and are hoping to take this project national during 2016-2017 if we can gain all the necessary funding and approvals, including tracking more cats in SA. Click here for information about the national project.
For project updates, follow our facebook page: www.facebook.com/thediscoverycircle
Resources for teachers
We have created extensive resources for teachers to use in the classroom. The resources provide cross-curriculum links to learning areas including science, mathematics, geography, history and the arts. We have suggested a learning framework and provide links to resources for Reception to Year 9 school students, which can easily be adapted for all age groups. Click here to access the teacher resources.
About the project
We are collaborating with researchers from Your Wildlife in the USA to bring Cat Tracker to South Australia. Click here to see the cat tracks recorded in the USA (click on a picture of a cat to see where that cat travelled). You can see the cat tracks from South Australia, too (click here).
We have developed four fact-sheets as part of the educational resources for this project. They include information about the taxonomy of cats, cat biology, the history of cats, and the differences between owned, semi-owned and un-owned cats. Click here to view the fact-sheets.
You can contact us via email: email@example.com
Or by phone: 08 8302 9999
Click here to see our media release. Some of our television and print media…
Cat Tracker on SCOPE (www.scopetv.com)
June and December 2015 (2 segments)
Cat Tracker on TODAY (http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/today/)
- The Advertiser, 17 April 2015 (pictured above) ‘UniSA Cat Tracker project reveals secret lives of cats‘
- ABC News online, 11 May 2015 ‘Cat tracker GPS data reveals Adelaide feline frolics‘
- Scope TV (Channel 11), June and December 2015 (pictured above) ‘Cat Tracker‘
- The Advertiser, 10 March 2016 (pictured above) ‘UniSA study of 3000 cat personality tests have uncovered feline personality traits‘
- The Daily Telegraph, 12 March 2016 ‘No kitten! Study finds cats are just like us‘
- The Washington Post, 18 March 2016 ‘Your cat is a lot deeper than you think’
- The Australian, 2 April 2016 ‘What’s your cat up to? GPS has the answer‘
- Today (Channel 9), 10 April 2016 (pictured above) ‘Cat Tracker‘
- 10 Eyewitness News, 4 June 2016 ‘Technology reveals the secret life of cats‘
This project is supported by Discovery Circle collaborative partners (see the bottom of this page) and: